za sve studente univerziteta u Novom Pazaru
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

za sve studente univerziteta u Novom Pazaru

skripte, saveti, diskusije, literatura!!!

PrijemPrijem  PortalliPortalli  GalerijaGalerija  TražiTraži  Latest imagesLatest images  Registruj seRegistruj se  Pristupi  

HAUARD P. LOVECRAFT

Ići dole 
2 posters
AutorPoruka
blejac
blejac

Muški
Broj poruka : 760
Godina : 39
mesto: : Beograd-Senjak- Centar Sveta
hobi : www.sakurabana.info
Datum upisa : 02.04.2006

HAUARD P. LOVECRAFT Empty
PočaljiNaslov: HAUARD P. LOVECRAFT   HAUARD P. LOVECRAFT EmptyNed 28 Maj - 14:39

Astrophobos by H. P. LovecraftAstrophobos
by H. P. Lovecraft
Written 1918?
Published July 1918 in The United Amateur
In the Midnight heaven's burning
Through the ethereal deeps afar
Once I watch'd with restless yearning
An alluring aureate star;
Ev'ry eve aloft returning
Gleaming nigh the Arctic Car.
Mystic waves of beauty blended
With the gorgeous golden rays
Phantasies of bliss descended
In a myrrh'd Elysian haze.
In the lyre-born chords extended
Harmonies of Lydian lays.
And (thought I) lies scenes of pleasure,
Where the free and blessed dwell,
And each moment bears a treasure,
Freighted with the lotos-spell,
And there floats a liquid measure
From the lute of Israfel.
There (I told myself) were shining
Worlds of happiness unknown,
Peace and Innocence entwining
By the Crowned Virtue's throne;
Men of light, their thoughts refining
Purer, fairer, than my own.
Thus I mus'd when o'er the vision
Crept a red delirious change;
Hope dissolving to derision,
Beauty to distortion strange;
Hymnic chords in weird collision,
Spectral sights in endless range....
Crimson burn'd the star of madness
As behind the beams I peer'd;
All was woe that seem'd but gladness
Ere my gaze with Truth was sear'd;
Cacodaemons, mir'd with madness,
Through the fever'd flick'ring leer'd....
Now I know the fiendish fable
The the golden glitter bore;
Now I shun the spangled sable
That I watch'd and lov'd before;
But the horror, set and stable,
Haunts my soul forevermore!
Nazad na vrh Ići dole
http://www.bg-anime.com
vanillasky
šmekerica foruma
vanillasky

Broj poruka : 143
Datum upisa : 14.01.2006

PočaljiNaslov: Re: HAUARD P. LOVECRAFT   HAUARD P. LOVECRAFT EmptyPet 2 Jun - 22:18

fina bajkica pirat
Nazad na vrh Ići dole
http://www.ljubisabojic.com
blejac
blejac

Muški

PočaljiNaslov: Hallowe'en in a Suburb   HAUARD P. LOVECRAFT EmptyUto 6 Jun - 20:37

The steeples are white in the wild moonlight,
And the trees have a silver glare;
Past the chimneys high see the vampires fly,
And the harpies of upper air,
That flutter and laugh and stare.
For the village dead to the moon outspread
Never shone in the sunset's gleam,
But grew out of the deep that the dead years keep
Where the rivers of madness stream
Down the gulfs to a pit of dream.
A chill wind blows through the rows of sheaves
In the meadows that shimmer pale,
And comes to twine where the headstones shine
And the ghouls of the churchyard wail
For harvests that fly and fail.
Not a breath of the strange grey gods of change
That tore from the past its own
Can quicken this hour, when a spectral power
Spreads sleep o'er the cosmic throne,
And looses the vast unknown.
So here again stretch the vale and plain
That moons long-forgotten saw,
And the dead leap gay in the pallid ray,
Sprung out of the tomb's black maw
To shake all the world with awe.
And all that the morn shall greet forlorn,
The ugliness and the pest
Of rows where thick rise the stones and brick,
Shall some day be with the rest,
And brood with the shades unblest.
Then wild in the dark let the lemurs bark,
And the leprous spires ascend;
For new and old alike in the fold
Of horror and death are penned,
For the hounds of Time to rend.
Nazad na vrh Ići dole
blejac
blejac

Muški

PočaljiNaslov: THE GREEN MEADOW   HAUARD P. LOVECRAFT EmptyUto 6 Jun - 20:39

(INTRODUCTORY NOTE: The following very singular narrative, or record of impressions, was discovered under circumstances so extraordinary that they deserve careful description. On the evening of Wednesday, August 27, 1913, at about eight-thirty o'clock, the population of the small seaside village of Potowonket, Maine, U.S.A., was aroused by a thunderous report accompanied by a blinding flash; and persons near the shore beheld a mammoth ball of fire dart from the heavens into the sea but a short distance out, sending up a prodigious column of water. The following Sunday a fishing party composed of John Richmond, Peter B. Carr, and Simon Canfield, caught in their trawl and dragged ashore a mass of metallic rock, weighing 360 pounds, and looking (as Mr. Canfield said) like a piece of slag. Most of the inhabitants agreed that this heavy body was none other than the fireball which had fallen from the sky four days before; and Dr. Richard M. Jones, the local scientific authority, allowed that it must be an aerolite or meteoric stone. In chipping off specimens to send to an expert Boston analyst, Dr. Jones discovered imbedded in the semi-metallic mass the strange book containing the ensuing tale, which is still in his possession.
In form the discovery resembles an ordinary notebook, about 5 X 3 inches in size, and containing thirty leaves. In material, however it presents marked peculiarities. The covers are apparently of some dark stony substance unknown to geologists and unbreakable by any mechanical means. No chemical reagent seems to act upon them. The leaves are much the same, save that they are lighter in colour, and so infinitely thin as to be quite flexible. The whole is bound by some process not very clear to those who have observed it; a process involving the adhesion of the leaf substance to the cover substance. These substances cannot now be separated, nor can the leaves be torn by any amount of force. The writing is Greek of the purest classical quality, and several students of palaeography declare that the characters are in a cursive hand used about the second century B.C. There is little in the text to determine the date. The mechanical mode of writing cannot be deduced beyond the fact that it must have resembled that of the modern slate and slate-pencil. During the course of analytical efforts made by the late Professor Chambers of Harvard, several pages, mostly at the conclusion of the narrative, were blurred to the point of utter effacement before being read; a circumstance forming a well nigh irreparable loss. What remains of the contents was done into modern Greek letters by the palaeographer, Rutherford, and in this form submitted to the translators.
Professor Mayfield of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, who examined samples of the strange stone, declared it a true meteorite; an opinion in which Dr. von Winterfeldt of Heidelberg (interned in 1918 as a dangerous enemy alien) does not concur. Professor Bradley of Columbia College adopts a less dogmatic ground; pointing out that certain utterly unknown ingredients are present in large quantities and warning that no classification is as yet possible.
The presence, nature, and message of the strange book form so momentous a problem, that no explanation can even be attempted. The text, as far as preserved, is here rendered as literally as our language permits in the hope that some reader may eventually hit upon an interpretation and solve one of the greatest scientific mysteries of recent years.)

It was a narrow place, and I was alone. On one side, beyond a margin of vivid waving green, was the sea; blue, bright, and billowy, and sending up vaporous exhalations which intoxicated me. So profuse, indeed, were these exhalations, that they gave me an odd impression of a coalescence of sea and sky; for the heavens were likewise bright and blue. On the other side was the forest, ancient almost as the sea itself, and stretching infinitely inland. It was very dark, for the trees were grotesquely huge and luxuriant, and incredibly numerous. Their giant trunks were of a horrible green which blended weirdly with the narrow green tract whereon I stood. At some distance away, on either side of me, the strange forest extended down to the water's edge, obliterating the shore line and completely hemming in the narrow tract. Some of the trees, I observed, stood in the water itself; as though impatient of any barrier to their progress.
I saw no living thing, nor sign that any living thing save myself had ever existed. The sea and the sky and the wood encircled me, and reached off into regions beyond my imagination. Nor was there any sound save of the wind-tossed wood and of the sea.
As I stood in this silent place, I suddenly commenced to tremble; for though I knew not how I came there, and could scarce remember what my name and rank had been, I felt that I should go mad if I could understand what lurked about me. I recalled things I had learned, things I had dreamed, things I had imagined and yearned for in some other distant life. I thought of long nights when I had gazed up at the stars of heaven and cursed the gods that my free soul could not traverse the vast abysses which were inaccessible to my body. I conjured up ancient blasphemies, and terrible delvings into the parpi of Democritus; but as memories appeared, I shuddered in deeper fear, for I knew that I was alone - horribly alone. Alone, yet close to sentient impulses of vast, vague kind; which I prayed never to comprehend nor encounter. In the voice of the swaying green branches I fancied I could detect a kind of malignant hatred and demoniac triumph. Sometimes they struck me as being in horrible colloquy with ghastly and unthinkable things which the scaly green bodies of the trees half-hid; hid from sight but not from consciousness. The most oppressive of my sensations was a sinister feeling of alienage. Though I saw about me objects which I could name; trees, grass, sea, and sky; I felt that their relation to me was not the same as that of the trees, grass, sea, and sky I knew in another and dimly remembered life. The nature of the difference I could not tell, yet I shook in stark fright as it impressed itself upon me.
And then, in a spot where I had before discerned nothing but the misty, sea, I beheld the Green Meadow; separated from me by a vast expanse of blue rippling water with suntipped wavelets, yet strangely near. Often I would peep fearfully over my right shoulder at the trees, but I preferred to look at the Green Meadow, which affected me oddly.
It was while my eyes were fixed upon this singular tract, that I first felt the ground in motion beneath me. Beginning with a kind of throbbing agitation which held a fiendish suggestion of conscious action, the bit of bank on which I stood detached itself from the grassy shore and commenced to float away; borne slowly onward as if by some current of resistless force. I did not move, astonished and startled as I was by the unprecedented phenomenon; but stood rigidly still until a wide lane of water yawned betwixt me and the land of trees. Then I sat down in a sort of daze, and again looked at the sun-tipped water and the Green Meadow.
Behind me the trees, and the things they may have been hiding seemed to radiate infinite menace. This I knew without turning to view them, for as I grew more used to the scene I became less and less dependent upon the five senses that once had been my sole reliance. I knew the green scaly forest hated me, yet now I was safe from it, for my bit of bank had drifted far from the shore.
But though one peril was past, another loomed up before me. Pieces of earth were constantly crumbling from the floating isle which held me, so that death could not be far distant in any event. Yet even then I seemed to sense that death would be death to me no more, for I turned again to watch the Green Meadow, imbued with a curious feeling of security in strange contrast to my general horror.
Then it was that I heard, at a distance immeasurable, the sound of falling water. Not that of any trivial cascade such as I had known, but that which might be heard in the far Scythian lands if all the Mediterranean were poured down an unfathomable abyss. It was toward this sound that my shrinking island was drifting, yet I was content.
Far in the rear were happening weird and terrible things; things which I turned to view, yet shivered to behold. For in the sky dark vaporous forms hovered fantastically, brooding over trees and seeming to answer the challenge of the waving green branches. Then a thick mist arose from the sea to join the sky-forms, and the shore was erased from my sight. Though the sun - what sun I knew not - shone brightly on the water around me, the land I had left seemed involved in a demoniac tempest where clashed the will of the hellish trees and what they hid, with that of the sky and the sea. And when the mist vanished, I saw only the blue sky and the blue sea, for the land and the trees were no more.
It was at this point that my attention was arrested by the singing in the Green Meadow. Hitherto, as I have said, I had encountered no sign of human life; but now there arose to my ears a dull chant whose origin and nature were apparently unmistakable. While the words were utterly undistinguishable, the chant awaked in me a peculiar train of associations; and I was reminded of some vaguely disquieting lines I had once translated out of an Egyptian book, which in turn were taken from a papyrus of ancient Meroe. Through my brain ran lines that I fear to repeat; lines telling of very antique things and forms of life in the days when our earth was exceeding young. Of things which thought and moved and were alive, yet which gods and men would not consider alive. It was a strange book.
As I listened, I became gradually conscious of a circumstance which had before puzzled me only subconsciously. At no time had my sight distinguished any definite objects in the Green Meadow, an impression of vivid homogeneous verdure being the sum total of my perception. Now, however, I saw that the current would cause my island to pass the shore at but a little distance; so that I might learn more of the land and of the singing thereon. My curiosity to behold the singers had mounted high, though it was mingled with apprehension.
Bits of sod continued to break away from the tiny tract which carried me, but I heeded not their loss; for I felt that I was not to die with the body (or appearance of a body) which I seemed to possess. That everything about me, even life and death, was illusory; that I had overleaped the bounds of mortality and corporeal entity, becoming a free, detached thing; impressed me as almost certain. Of my location I knew nothing, save that I felt I could not be on the earth-planet once so familiar to me. My sensations, apart from a kind of haunting terror, were those of a traveller just embarked upon an unending voyage of discovery. For a moment I thought of the lands and persons I had left behind; and of strange ways whereby I might some day tell them of my adventurings, even though I might never return.
I had now floated very near the Green Meadow, so that the voices were clear and distinct; but though I knew many languages I could not quite interpret the words of the chanting. Familiar they indeed were, as I had subtly felt when at a greater distance, but beyond a sensation of vague and awesome remembrance I could make nothing of them. A most extraordinary quality in the voices - a quality which I cannot describe - at once frightened and fascinated me. My eyes could now discern several things amidst the omnipresent verdure-rocks, covered with bright green moss, shrubs of considerable height, and less definable shapes of great magnitude which seemed to move or vibrate amidst the shrubbery in a peculiar way. The chanting, whose authors I was so anxious to glimpse, seemed loudest, at points where these shapes were most numerous and most vigorously in motion.
And then, as my island drifted closer and the sound of the distant waterfall grew louder, I saw clearly the source of the chanting, and in one horrible instant remembered everything. Of such things I cannot, dare not tell, for therein was revealed the hideous solution of all which had puzzled me; and that solution would drive you mad, even as it almost drove me.... I knew now the change through which I had passed, and through which certain others who once were men had passed! and I knew the endless cycle of the future which none like me may escape.... I shall live forever, be conscious forever, though my soul cries out to the gods for the boon of death and oblivion.... All is before me: beyond the deafening torrent lies the land of Stethelos, where young men are infinitely old.... The Green Meadow.... I will send a message across the horrible immeasurable abyss....
Nazad na vrh Ići dole
blejac
blejac

Muški

PočaljiNaslov: The Cats by H. P. Lovecraft   HAUARD P. LOVECRAFT EmptySre 21 Jun - 1:09

Cats
Babels of blocks to the high heavens towering
Flames of futility swirling below;
Poisonous fungi in brick and stone flowering,
Lanterns that shudder and death-lights that glow.
Black monstrous bridges across oily rivers,
Cobwebs of cable to nameless things spun;
Catacomb deeps whose dank chaos delivers
Streams of live foetor that rots in the sun.
Colour and splendour, disease and decaying,
Shrieking and ringing and crawling insane,
Rabbles exotic to stranger-gods praying,
Jumbles of odour that stifle the brain.
Legions of cats from the alleys nocturnal.
Howling and lean in the glare of the moon,
Screaming the future with mouthings infernal,
Yelling the Garden of Pluto's red rune.
Tall towers and pyramids ivy'd and crumbling,
Bats that swoop low in the weed-cumber'd streets;
Bleak Arkham bridges o'er rivers whose rumbling
Joins with no voice as the thick horde retreats.
Belfries that buckle against the moon totter,
Caverns whose mouths are by mosses effac'd,
And living to answer the wind and the water,
Only the lean cats that howl in the wastes.
Nazad na vrh Ići dole
blejac
blejac

Muški

PočaljiNaslov: The City by H. P. Lovecraft   HAUARD P. LOVECRAFT EmptySre 21 Jun - 1:10

The City
It was golden and splendid,
That City of light;
A vision suspended
In deeps of the night;
A region of wonder and glory, whose temples were marble and white.
I remember the season
It dawn'd on my gaze;
The mad time of unreason,
The brain-numbing days
When Winter, white-sheeted and ghastly, stalks onward to torture and craze.
More lovely than Zion
It shone in the sky
When the beams of Orion
Beclouded my eye,
Bringing sleep that was filled with dim mem'ries of moments obscure and gone by.

Its mansions were stately,
With carvings made fair,
Each rising sedately
On terraces rare,
And the gardens were fragrant and bright with strange miracles blossoming there.

The avenues lur'd me
With vistas sublime;
Tall arches assur'd me
That once on a time
I had wander'd in rapture beneath them, and bask'd in the Halcyon clime.
On the plazas were standing
A sculptur'd array;
Long bearded, commanding,
rave men in their day--
But one stood dismantled and broken, its bearded face battered away.
In that city effulgent
No mortal I saw,
But my fancy, indulgent
To memory's law,
Linger'd long on the forms in the plazas, and eyed their stone features with
awe.
I fann'd the faint ember
That glow'd in my mind,
And strove to remember
The aeons behind;
To rove thro' infinity freely, and visit the past unconfin'd.
Then the horrible warning
Upon my soul sped
Like the ominous morning
That rises in red,
And in panic I flew from the knowledge of terrors forgotten and dead.
Nazad na vrh Ići dole
blejac
blejac

Muški

PočaljiNaslov: The House by H. P. Lovecraft   HAUARD P. LOVECRAFT EmptySre 21 Jun - 1:13

The House
'Tis a grove-circled dwelling
Set close to a hill,
Where the branches are telling
Strange legends of ill;
Over timbers so old
That they breathe of the dead,
Crawl the vines, green and cold,
By strange nourishment fed;
And no man knows the juices they suck from the depths of their dank slimy bed.
In the gardens are growing
Tall blossoms and fair,
Each pallid bloom throwing
Perfume on the air;
But the afternoon sun
with its shining red rays
Makes the picture loom dun
On the curious gaze,
And above the sween scent of the the blossoms rise odours of numberless days.
The rank grasses are waving
On terrace and lawn,
Dim memories savouring
Of things that have gone;
The stones of the walks
Are encrusted and wet,
And a strange spirit stalks
When the red sun has set.
And the soul of the watcher is fill'd with faint pictures he fain would forget.
It was in the hot Junetime
I stood by that scene,
When the gold rays of noontime
Beat bright on the green.
But I shiver'd with cold,
Groping feebly for light,
As a picture unroll'd -
And my age-spanning sight
Saw the time I had been there before flash like fulgury out of the night.
Nazad na vrh Ići dole
blejac
blejac

Muški

PočaljiNaslov: The Messenger by H.P. Lovecraft   HAUARD P. LOVECRAFT EmptySre 21 Jun - 1:15

The Messenger
The thing, he said, would come in the night at three
From the old churchyard on the hill below;
But crouching by an oak fire's wholesome glow,
I tried to tell myself it could not be.
Surely, I mused, it was pleasantry
Devised by one who did not truly know
The Elder Sign, bequeathed from long ago,
That sets the fumbling forms of darkness free.
He had not meant it - no - but still I lit
Another lamp as starry Leo climbed
Out of the Seekonk, and a steeple chimed
Three - and the firelight faded, bit by bit.
Then at the door that cautious rattling came -
And the mad truth devoured me like a flame

This was written in response to Bertrand Kelton Hart, author of a daily column
called "The Sideshow" in the Providence Journal, who, upon discovering that
Wilcox's residence in "The Call of Cthulhu" (7 Thomas Street) was his own,
published in his column "...I shall not be happy until, joining league with
wraiths and ghouls, I have plumped down at least one large and abiding ghost by
way of reprisal upon [Lovecraft's] own doorstep in Barnes street... I think I
shall teach it to moan in a minor dissonance every morning at 3 o'clock sharp,
with a clinking of chains."
Nazad na vrh Ići dole
blejac
blejac

Muški

PočaljiNaslov: The Thing in the Moonlight by H. P. Lovecraft and J. Chapman   HAUARD P. LOVECRAFT EmptySre 21 Jun - 1:17

The Thing in the Moonlight
The following is based, in places word for word, on a letter Lovecraft wrote to
Donald Wandrei on November 24, 1927. The first three and last five paragraphs
were added by J. Chapman Miske; the remainder is almost verbatim Lovecraft.
In the letter, Lovecraft reveals that his "dreams occasionally approach'd the
phantastical in character, tho' falling somewhat short of coherence." Many of
his stories were inspired by dreams.
Morgan is not a literary man; in fact he cannot speak English with any degree of
coherency. That is what makes me wonder about the words he wrote, though others
have laughed.
He was alone the evening it happened. Suddenly an unconquerable urge to write
came over him, and taking pen in hand he wrote the following:
My name is Howard Phillips. I live at 66 College Street, in Providence, Rhode
Island. On November 24, 1927--for I know not even what the year may be now--,
I fell asleep and dreamed, since when I have been unable to awaken.
My dream began in a dank, reed-choked marsh that lay under a gray autumn sky,
with a rugged cliff of lichen-crusted stone rising to the north. Impelled by
some obscure quest, I ascended a rift or cleft in this beetling precipice,
noting as I did so the black mouths of many fearsome burrows extending from
both walls into the depths of the stony plateau.
At several points the passage was roofed over by the choking of the upper
parts of the narrow fissure; these places being exceeding dark, and forbidding
the perception of such burrows as may have existed there. In one such dark
space I felt conscious of a singular accession of fright, as if some subtle
and bodiless emanation from the abyss were engulfing my spirit; but the
blackness was too great for me to perceive the source of my alarm.
At length I emerged upon a tableland of moss-grown rock and scanty soil, lit
by a faint moonlight which had replaced the expiring orb of day. Casting my
eyes about, I beheld no living object; but was sensible of a very peculiar
stirring far below me, amongst the whispering rushes of the pestilential swamp
I had lately quitted.
After walking for some distance, I encountered the rusty tracks of a street
railway, and the worm-eaten poles which still held the limp and sagging
trolley wire. Following this line, I soon came upon a yellow, vestibuled car
numbered 1852--of a plain, double-trucked type common from 1900 to 1910. It
was untenanted, but evidently ready to start; the trolley being on the wire
and the air-brake now and then throbbing beneath the floor. I boarded it and
looked vainly about for the light switch--noting as I did so the absence of
the controller handle, which thus implied the brief absence of the motorman.
Then I sat down in one of the cross seats of the vehicle. Presently I heard a
swishing in the sparse grass toward the left, and saw the dark forms of two
men looming up in the moonlight. They had the regulation caps of a railway
company, and I could not doubt but that they were conductor and motorman. Then
one of them sniffed with singular sharpness, and raised his face to howl to
the moon. The other dropped on all fours to run toward the car.
I leaped up at once and raced madly out of that car and across endless leagues
of plateau till exhaustion forced me to stop--doing this not because the
conductor had dropped on all fours, but because the face of the motorman was a
mere white cone tapering to one blood-red-tentacle...
I was aware that I only dreamed, but the very awareness was not pleasant.
Since that fearful night, I have prayed only for awakening--it has not come!
Instead I have found myself an inhabitant of this terrible dream-world! That
first night gave way to dawn, and I wandered aimlessly over the lonely
swamp-lands. When night came, I still wandered, hoping for awakening. But
suddenly I parted the weeds and saw before me the ancient railway car--and to
one side a cone-faced thing lifted its head and in the streaming moonlight
howled strangely!
It has been the same each day. Night takes me always to that place of horror.
I have tried not moving, with the coming of nightfall, but I must walk in my
slumber, for always I awaken with the thing of dread howling before me in the
pale moonlight, and I turn and flee madly.
God! when will I awaken?
That is what Morgan wrote. I would go to 66 College Street in Providence, but I
fear for what I might find there.
Nazad na vrh Ići dole
Sponsored content

PočaljiNaslov: Re: HAUARD P. LOVECRAFT   HAUARD P. LOVECRAFT Empty

Nazad na vrh Ići dole

HAUARD P. LOVECRAFT
Nazad na vrh 
Strana 1 od 1

Dozvole ovog foruma:Ne možete odgovarati na teme u ovom forumu
za sve studente univerziteta u Novom Pazaru :: radovi studenata FHN-a :: evo bajkica, ko voli!!-
Skoči na: